Texas Community Association Advocates (TCAA) has chartered buses to drive from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio to Austin; and we hope you'll help us fill them! We need to fill the buses, especially with board members and homeowners who care about protecting their property values. We are asking that you come join us in Austin and speak up for the silent majority of homeowner's who moved into their HOA's because they want to preserve, protect and enhance their property values. We will participate in a rally supporting property rights, Tuesday, February 15, at 2:00 pm. We will want everyone in place no later than 1:00 pm.
TCAA supports reasonable legislation for community associations and will continue to work with the various legislative offices.
- Tuesday, February 15
- March on Capitol 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Following is the information for each city:
- Be at west entrance of Capitol at 1:00 p.m.
- RSVP to Jason Delgado at email@example.com if you will be attending by Thursday, February 10 at 5:00 p.m. Please tell Jason that you are coming from Austin, and the number of people in your party, for planning purposes.
- The bus will depart from the DFW area at 8:00 a.m. The Bus pickup location has not yet been determined and will be sent out as soon it is available.
- We cannot give an exact departure time afterwards but anticipate leaving Austin about 4:30 p.m., returning to DFW between 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 11 at 5:00 pm and please provide the number of people in your party so we can plan for sufficient bus space.
- The bus will depart from the Sam Houston Race Park at 8:15 a.m. The Bus will be located in the main parking lot in front of the grand stand (next to a fenced-off area containing a big circus tent) so please park in that area.
- We cannot give an exact departure time afterwards but anticipate leaving Austin about 4:30 p.m., returning to Houston between 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- This link connects you to directions and parking lot information:
- RSVP to Stephanie@CAIHouston.org by Friday, February 11 at 5:00 pm and please provide the number of people in your party so we can plan for sufficient bus space.
- The bus will depart from the Condordia Lutheran Church, located at 16801 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78258-4456, at 11:00 a.m. The Bus will be located in the in the main parking lot. Please park as close to Huebner as possible.
- We cannot give an exact departure time afterwards but anticipate leaving Austin about 4:30 p.m., returning to San Antonio about 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- This link connects you to directions and parking lot information for Concordia Lutheran Church: http://concordialutheranchurch.com/main/index.php
- RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, February 11 at 5:00 pm and please provide the number of people in your party so we can plan for sufficient bus space.
IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOURSELF:
There are parking meters around the Capitol and there are meters on the west side of the Capitol on Colorado Street where we will meet. There is also the Capitol Parking Garage at 1201 San Jacinto. Here is the link for parking garage: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=812303756731201479&q=Capitol+Parking+Garage+1201+San+Jacinto&gl=us
KEY POINTS TO EMPHASIZE:
- We support our community association
- We want to protect, preserve and enhance our property values
- Save our property values
- We love our water parks, swimming pools and walking trails and other amenities that come with owning a home in a community association
- We don't want a bus parked in a neighbor's back yard or a car up on blocks or an umowed lawn with tall grass
- We speak for the vast majority, the millions of people in Texas who love their community association and love their HOA Community
- We are the silent majority who are speaking out because the few who won't play by the rules
- Foreclosures are extremely rare. They are only 1/12 of one percent of delinquent owners
- Homeowners make a decision to move into a HOA, and the vast majority pay their dues on time and play by the rules
- If you don't want to live in a HOA Community, don't buy a house in a HOA Community - It's not for everyone - It is for people who want to protect their property values
- We support our HOA Community
- Don't mess with Texas - Don't make me pay for those who don't
- We support solar panels and the right to install energy saving devices that meet the community standards
Q: I'll come to Austin, but what do I need to do once I get there?
A: We'll all meet on the West side of the Capitol. We will hold a rally and wear stickers and hold signs that match our key messages. The media will cover the event and may ask you questions. Speak about why you love your HOA. Key messages are above. We must counter the vocal few who are trying to make our expenses increase for living in an HOA. We will provide you with instructions on where to go when you arrive.
Q: Should I visit my legislators while there?
A: Definitely. Eventually they will be asked to vote on some bills impacting HOAs so they need to understand your position on the bills.
Q: Will any food or beverages be provided on the bus?
A: Yes, some snacks and beverages will be provided.
Q: Does it really matter if I attend?
A: Yes. We're all busy, but it really does make a difference. We hope you'll take time on February 15th to protect your property value and maintain the integrity of your association.
Q: What should I wear?
A: Please wear business attire.
If you have other questions, please contact Jason Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.txcommunityassociationadvocates.org/